By Frederick Courteney Selous
- associated desk of Contents
- Illustrated with thirteen pictures and photos
With a Foreword by way of President Theodore Roosevelt
"Mr. Selous is the final of the big-game hunters of South Africa; the final of the powerful hunters whose reports lay within the maximum looking flooring which this international has noticeable when you consider that civilized guy has seemed therein."
"His publication is a real contribution to searching lore and to common heritage. it may be welcomed via each lover of the chase and by means of each guy who cares for the wild, loose lifetime of the desolate tract. it's going to be no much less welcome to all who're drawn to the main bold and engaging of the beasts that stay in our international today."
--- Theodore Roosevelt
DAILY TELEGRAPH.—"This intensely attention-grabbing quantity is not just as fascinating as any publication of event, yet packed from disguise to hide with useful proof and theories that no different residing guy may perhaps converse with equivalent authority."
EVENING STANDARD.—"It is most unlikely to provide greater than a truly moderate inspiration of the wealth of curiosity there's during this quantity for hunters and naturalists alike. From conceal to hide it really is filled with considerate statement and picture description."
COUNTRY LIFE.—"There isn't really a web page during this well-written and deeply-informed booklet which can't be studied with excitement and revenue by way of the typical reader. To the fellow who is aware Africa the quantity is awfully attention-grabbing from disguise to hide. it really is destined, we now have little question, to be numbered one of the classics of African literature."
- bankruptcy I: Notes at the Questions Of protecting colour, reputation Marks, And The impression Of surroundings On residing Organisms
- bankruptcy II: extra Notes at the Questions Of protecting color, popularity Marks, And The effect Of surroundings On dwelling Organisms
- bankruptcy III, IV & V: Notes at the Lion
- bankruptcy VI: Notes at the noticed Hyena
- bankruptcy VII: Notes On Wild canines And Cheetahs
- bankruptcy VIII: Extinction And Diminution Of video game In South Africa — Notes at the Cape Buffalo
- bankruptcy IX: Notes at the Tse-Tse Fly
- bankruptcy X: Notes at the Black Or Prehensile-Lipped Rhinoceros
- bankruptcy XI: Notes at the Giraffe
- bankruptcy XII & XIII: A trip To Amatongaland looking for Inyala
- bankruptcy XIV: Notes at the Gemsbuck
- bankruptcy XV: a few Curious looking Experiences
- bankruptcy XVI: extra Curious looking Experiences
- bankruptcy XVII: Incidents Of A trip throughout the Northern Kalahari
- bankruptcy XVIII: The final Of South Africa's video game Haunts
- bankruptcy XIX: How I Spent Christmas Day 1879
- bankruptcy XX: Notes at the Masarwa: The Bushmen Of the internal Of South Africa
Read Online or Download African Nature Notes and Reminiscences (Illustrated) PDF
Similar adventurer & explorer biographies books
"I learn this whole e-book in a single sitting, guffawing at a few components, nodding my head in popularity at others, and simply marveling at how a lot of the diabetes event was once captured in 263 pages. Erin Spineto might be proud as hell for being it, residing it, and writing it. "Kerri Sparling, Writer/Editor at SixUntilMe.
Douglas Mawson was decided to make his mark on Antarctica as no different explorer had performed sooner than him. What quite occurred at the ice has been buried for a century. Flaws within the Ice is the untold precise tale of Douglas Mawson’s 1911-1914 Antarctic excursion, mistakenly hailed for a century as a brave survival tale from the Heroic Age of Antarctic Exploration.
Descrição do Livro: Três anos, três meses, três dias. Este foi o pace exato que Danilo Perrotti Machado levou para fazer uma viagem ao redor do planeta sobre uma bicicleta. Buscando conhecer o mundo e a si mesmo, Danilo deixou sua cidade natal, Belo Horizonte, e partiu para uma viagem por fifty nine países, percorrendo 50 mil quilômetros pelo Planeta Terra.
Norvin C. “Bud” Evans served in 3 wars as a wrestle fighter pilot flying approximately two hundred wrestle missions. He retired from the USAF whereas Commander of the Fighter attempt Operations department at Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio. He has flown fifty eight years as a pilot, 38 of which have been spent as a USAF and civilian experimental attempt pilot.
- Das Rentier in der Küche: Eine deutsch-sibirische Liebe (Originär 4) (German Edition)
- THIS is Africa 2: More True Tales of a Safari Guide
- Défonce verticale: Confessions d’une légende de l’escalade (French Edition)
- John Clarke: Explorer of the Coast Mountains
- Wolfgang Nairz - Es wird schon gut gehen: Berge und andere Abenteuer meines Lebens. Wolfgang Nairz im Gespräch mit Horst Christoph (German Edition)
- Driving to the End of the World
Extra resources for African Nature Notes and Reminiscences (Illustrated)
African Nature Notes and Reminiscences (Illustrated) by Frederick Courteney Selous